The Obligatory Thanksgiving Post…
I don’t like to do the obligatory “Things I’m thankful for” speeches at Thanksgiving. I don’t like to hold hands and go round in a circle and talk with everyone. I feel like it’s cheesy and reserved for sitcoms and episodes of the Cosby Show. However, because I have an outlet this year, I’m gonna give ya’ll the list.. I have to.. It’s been a rough and wonderful year. Without further delay:
1. The dude that “fixed” my computer, but not really. I thank you. I didn’t need an excuse to get a new one, but you gave me a push in the right direction. I guess you realized that I spent too long playingSuper Mario Brothers and Mortal Kombat, so you took away the option. Also, the fact that something went wrong RIGHT before I was gonna publish this post at midnight not only makes me laugh to keep from kicking your chest in. But it keeps life entertaining.
2. Wordpress- For the time spent formatting because you just couldn’t pull it together. The one problem I have with this theme that I feel is making me look stupid. I salute you and everything you are. It’s very humbling dealing with you from day to day. You keep me grounded
3. My Kryptonite- I thank you for not wanting to be in a relationship with me, because it makes it easier to keep my legs closed. Thus me and God are getting closer.
4. My mother. Even though I didn’t always see it, I needed you to mess up my paperwork. I didn’t appreciate what I had until the U.S. took it and rendered me dependent. Now, I’ll be budgeting like a mofo when I get paid.
5. My brother. Your “on again, off again” disdain for me keeps me on my toes. Just when I think we’re good, you switch it up and hate me. It keeps my brain active. I appreciate that.
6. uStream- You know why.
But seriously though…
For all the dames and gents I’ve met on blogs and twitter. For letting me in. For showing up and showing out when I needed you to. You’ve all helped me without even knowing it. For the days that I sat on the couch, not knowing which way to move, or why I was feeling the way I did. Comments and daily commentary made me laugh and kept me sane. Karolina, for looking out for me, Reecie (for beauty products, music, and which shakes taste the best), N.I.A. (for Hoarders rachetness), Lala, Miss_Tlee, Satya_1, Tiff_Nicky, michaboa and Shubby Doo (for love of Indian and British Everything across the pond), quiethaylestorm, BP and Starita (for commenting) and Luvvie, for introducing me to some lovely bloggers via uStream.
One of the best feelings for an outcast is finding similar people to prove they’re not crazy. And I thank you for that. Not like Iwanted anyone to validate me, but you know what I mean.
I’m getting all emo, eff ya’ll.
Lauren, Cheeks, Shon, and Sane… I usually don’t like too many pussies in one area, but somehow it works. Thank you for the talks and the “oh no he didn’t” moments. Texts and phone calls that make me not able to get anything done in a decent amount of time. (Like this post) I look forward to seeing you soon. Words cannot describe. I’m glad we became friends round about the time that I can travel and we can all WRECK UP SHOP!! There aren’t enough words so I will just say #)(&#)%&@#)%*#… (you know what I mean)
For the dudes.. Cuties and incognito ones alike. Ethiopianboy (for being a sweetie, and the box set of The Wire, even without you knowing me. Yes, I’m watching it!) W.U. Agent (I can always trust you to comment), Dash
even when you don’t make sense, Streetz (for being approachable), Humble (for making me laugh and keeping me uplifted) Peyso (for introducing “get it flappin” and helping me celebrate my birthday) and several others. There’s a particular one I want to shout out, but it would likely just embarass him. (His sexy ass)
Max- For all the times the DM’s went off with the “GURL!! CAN YOU TALK!?” messages and for the DM’s that always came through late. For the hours that I didn’t get anything done. Talking on the phone connected to the plug because it was about to die, scared it was gonna blow up my face because that’s just my luck. My mother telling me that I was laughing too loudly. And making the evil things I think not seem so bad. There aren’t enough words. (or exclamation points) so I won’t even try.
S.B.- Even if I was sleeping, you’re one of the ones that I would wake up for just to talk to. I appreciate our conversations, they’re thought provoking as well as funny. You’ve sometimes brought me to the mountaintop when I felt like the gutter was my home. (that was quite poetic) Your 2% is in the mail And even though you’re cute, I like your mind more..
I thank the Dept. Of Homeland Security for changing this year into one of the best years of my life. Movement on my paperwork has allowed me to get my license (after 4 years), my work permit (after 16 years) and a job (after 5 years) all within a matter of 2 months. The only way I could be happier is if I was getting married. (But let’s not take it there.)
There’s some others but honestly…. (all together now)..
“I ain’t got that kinda time..”
We’re wrapping up the first decade of the new millenium, what are you grateful for in 2010?
Have a great Thanksgiving folks..
In one degree or another, I love you all.. Thank you for everything.
Peace out, Nick