5 Types I Can’t Rock With..
You might’ve heard me mention before that while I’m a nice, lovely person, I’m not exactly a “people person.” It’s not that I’m rude, or a hermit, it’s just that I don’t have much patience for the various shades of people that exist alongside me. For every tolerable person that I might come across, there is a myriad of “unfavorables” that make me question natural selection. There’s no pretty way to say it. As I break into my 30’s, I’m realizing that there are certain characteristics that rise above the others. I just wanted to give you a heads up, here’s the five types of people I can’t rock with:
1. The Lemming: This might be the one that irritates me the most. This is the person whose opinions and actions are formed by what’s popular at the moment. What is the current trend? Well please let this person find out because they want to follow it. They take a lot of things at face value. I just want them to think for themselves. These people usually crumble when I question their beliefs. They have no basis for what they believe and why. I can’t effs with you. There’s several people around me that would’ve drunk the kool-aid, I’m convinced of it. And yes, my mother is one of them.
2. The Negative Nancy: As the name implies, this person is never happy. Nothing good has ever happened to ’em. These people are the ones that answer with the heavy sigh whenever you call and ask them “what’s up?” These people drain my lifeforce. I cannot deal with you as they mostly mistake my love of jokes as an indication that I’m a person that can cheer them up. I often tell these people “I am not your circus monkey.” I find that if they call and I’m not in a cheerful mood, they’ll all of a sudden want to hang up. Oh, I get it, you wanted to further drain my lifeforce. Go somewhere else with that.
3. The Judge and Jury: You already know, this is the judgemental person. I can’t eff with these kinds of people because I find that the people that yell the loudest “I would never do that!” are the ones that have done that, this, and the other. Go saddown! I don’t know any other way to put it. But shut yo bitch ass up!
4. The Big Dummy: If you get your knowledge of current events from The Real Housewives of Atlanta, then we have nothing to talk about. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good batch of debauchery as much as the next person, but is there anything else to you? I’m not saying you have to understand the conflict in the middle east, but as least shut up when the conversation turns to that topic. Just sit back and be willing to learn a thing or two.
5. The Attention Whore: I touched on this topic with the Selfish Friend post. This person is the loudest one in the crew. This person needs all eyes on them. I find that they usually say the most provocative things in order to get people to look their way. I’ve been around some that would shout out inappropriate stuff in order to make sure they were the life of the circle. I can’t deal with you. I know no other way to say it. Just calm the eff down.
I’m sure that there’s a bunch of other people that I can’t deal with, but these are my top five. It’s hard to find a group of people that are >>>here<<< with me. And now, because I’m a giver, I relinquish the floor to you. What are the types of people that you just can’t deal with?
That deserted island situation just sounds perfect!
I’ll see you on Wednesday…
Peace and Love, Nick