Zack and Company. . .
If the picture doesn’t say it enough #Plaxicothyself I’ll help you. Now, I understand what we’re all gonna say. I mean, we’re grown now. Inconsistent storylines and questionable characters. Yes, I even listed this show as one of the ones that make me cringe, but I still can’t deny it.
Saved By the MF’in Bell!
Now, before you ream me a new one (please use Vaseline) please understand that I have very specific memories attached to this show so get off my back. Back then, the fashion was what we were wearing and we all know the 80’s/early 90’s weren’t great in that area so it gets a pass. But there are several thoughts surrounding Saved By The Bell that I must share with you:
1. Z. Cavarricci’s on Slater? REALLY!? The costume designer really didn’t some to the conclusion that them pants made him look like he had hips to pop out twins. Out of everything wrong with the time period, that might make top 10.
2. Zack had THEE most two-toned hair I’ve ever seen in my life.
3. What ever happened to Max? I know there’s only so many magic tricks that he could do tableside, but still. Give me some explanation. kthxbai
4. I see you Lisa. Ya’ll remember when they were working at the beach club that summer and Lisa was a member? The token black chick. I don’t mind though, because you were rich. And even though you were spoiled beyond all comprehension, you were rich. And that’s a stereotype I wanna believe in. Even if you did end up in bad BET movies. #ISeeYou
5. Screech, just how dumb ARE you? You keep letting Zack get you all caught up. That ain’t right! I want you to assess your friendspace. No wonder you became a porn star. I would’ve tried to go WAyyy left too, just to counteract what you were on that show. There’s only so many times you can do the “Screech face.” I don’t wanna talk about the douche you turned into. Yes, I watched that season of Celebrity Fit Club. #DontJudgeMe
6. Jessie, you didn’t rock too right either. I understand how you being the perfect student can wear on you. After poppin them pills in the singing episode I might’ve gone left too. There’s only so much “socialist pig” talk I can take. Funny how you say that, then end up like this—->
I really want you to assess your headspace. Let me know how that goes. #iCare
7. Kelly, I know you were supposed to be popular, but guess what? You keep going back and forth between Zack and Slater, yous a hoe and that ain’t right. Figure yourself out, then tell me how you keep your Keds so white. much love, Nick
8. Why the stink did they try to do that “College Years” series? I can’t lie tho because even though they added them new chicks and it was kinda wack, it meant they extended the series and that was alright with me!
Anyone remember when everyone was in town for Jessie’s father’s wedding to that young aerobics instructor? And Jessie straight flipped her lid? That was classic! When they were working at the beach and Leah Remini was Zack’s girlfriend. When they went to Hawaii. When they were in the zygote stages and they had that teacher Ms. Bliss? (Hayley Mills) and T.K.Carter were the teachers. Matter of fact, it was called “Good Morning Ms. Bliss” in Jamaica. I think “Saved By The Bell” is a yankee colloquialism that Jamaica wasn’t hip to.
Nowadays, Saved by the Bell STILL comes on when I’m going to bed at early morning hours. Seriously though, the story-line, while popular for it’s day, just ain’t the cat’s meow. I’m sure that there’s some highlights I left out. And that’s where you can walk down memory lane with me. And do not try to tell me that you were too cool to watch it then. I won’t believe you you need more people.
I hope everyone was early to work today. There’s only a few hours left before you’re free.. Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Peace and Love, Nick