Off the top of the head… (Monday edition)
I’m gonna be honest here. (It’s the best policy ain’t it?) I tried to be all “I got a new post, here’s my fabulousness.” I saw Inception again last night and had to drive to 2 different houses just to get back to the house I’m currently staying at. By the time I got in the house, I had to walk to dog(s) and THEN figure out how to bang out a blog post. Needless to say, I rolled over and fell asleep. (in my makeup.. UGH!) So this Monday, I’m just gonna keep it light and go off the top of the dome.
1. WTF is it with Blogger? I just wanna type out a blog post and you wanna make things like “new paragraph” all hard. It ain’t rocket science! WordPress here I come.
2. Sometimes things happen and I look Heavenward and say things like, “God, I SEE YOU!” Last week a few things like that happened to me. Things that make me not look crazy for wanting to write for a living. We’ll see how this works out. Although I wouldn’t mind an email from someone that reads my blog. That’s my new hope.
3. How do I get hired for a job, then work a total of 1 day in 2 weeks? That’s not a job, that’s a “gig.” And if that’s the case, then I can work this other gig and eff an inconsistent job. Nuff said. I get the feeling that if they’d hired someone that did marketing professionally then they couldn’t pull that “text her on Sunday night, don’t come in Monday crap.” But that’s just the way it is. Their inconsistency makes it easy to tell them where to go.
4. The Dave Matthews Band concert is this Friday. I wouldn’t even mind if it rained in the amphitheater because the atmosphere is so chill. In honor of this concert, I’m giving you the video of my favorite song. (Please hold…) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7in-9E3ImQ Fact, the bassist sitting in the pond joined the band when he was 16. (I think that’s cool)
5. Considering I just found out about the Foreign Exchange a little over a month ago, it leads me to wonder. “What other music am I missing out on.” I haven’t updated in a while. Let me know some music you think I might be missing out on. I’ve very open minded, but my library is mostly scores and European Lounge Music.
6. Do you look at some shows you used to watch as a kid and cringe when you watch them now? “Saved By The Bell” is that for me. The storyline, the clothes (Z. Cavarricci’s REALLY!?”), the hair. All just various levels of “corn” to me. (As in corny)
7. For those of you that workout, what’s your motivation? Some days, I can get it up. (Pause) Other days, I can’t. It doesn’t help that I hate working out indoors, but I have to wait til evening because I’m allergic to the sun. That’s just a fact.
8. The lady at the Clinique counter over the weekend suggested I have Lupus because of my sun allergies/poisoning. Thanks a lot! Now that’s one more thing for me to check out and “NO,” I don’t want your Moisturizer!
9. I got a new commenter last week. Someone that came across my blog and stopped to comment! I’m excited about that! Although I need to hurry up and get Google Analytics.
10. Really, do I need to see Inception again? In IMAX!? Just hurry up and get it to DVD already. I bet you they’re gonna re-release it for Christmas or Awards season.
Lox hav-es mercy! (Jamaican saying, sound it out.)
I think that’s it,
What’s on your mind this Monday?
I’ll be better come Wednesday…
Peace and Love, Nick